Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Know your onions

Back to work today. Dark before and after so gardening is off until the weekend. New fence looks nice though - good paint job!

I need a free baby rowan tree (explanations later). Have to get out and find a self-seeded one, or find some berries and try to grow one. A trip round the local parks is required I think.

When is an onion not an onion? I've got a question to write on onions for my gardening correspondence course. Do I include leeks and/or garlic? Both are edible alliums. I'm assuming shallots and spring onions are in. Think I'll leave them out and see what happens.

Weather: 3mm of rain this morning. 10.6C max 6.2C min. max wind 19.2mph. Baro 1014

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker