Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More cuttings

Flush with my success at rooting Ann Folkard and my acer palmatum atropurpureum (joy!), I've taken another batch of cuttings from various plants around the garden. What I should really do is take proper records of cutting type, compost used etc. But I can't really be bothered. Seems best to just stick them in a mix of compost and sand and see what takes.

I think I'd like a shade tunnel though to grown them on in. Easy to build your own (apparently), using short metal poles and that grey plastic tubing stuff that plumbers use, covered with shade netting. So the autumn plan is:

Clear the junk patch behind the Sorbus and build a shade tunnel. Plant up all the rooted cuttings and pot them on in there. Clear the polytunnel for more tender cuttings and try and introduce some undersoil heating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker