Sunday, March 19, 2006

Real progress at last

Two dry days meant two good sessions outdoors. Still very cool, but the sun came out long enough to encourage a few flowers to open. Below is Tete-a-tete making its first foray into the open.

I dug over all the veg plots and raked in compost or manure. On my light soil it's best done in spring as it doesn't leach away. The vague plan is to make the veg plots look good this year, mixing up plants to create colour patterns and plant tightly to exclude weeds, potager style. Have to see how it works out in practice.

I've realised I'd not potted the meconopsis seedlings deeply enough. They form a rosette rather than a stalk, so I've added more compost to bring the leaves to soil level. Still got two more potfuls of seedlings if these fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker