Monday, August 22, 2005

Much needed rain

We had half an inch of the wet stuff overnight. Would have been absolutely fine - except that we left out a load of garden furniture and the rear seats from my car which are soaked through.

The second big garden party for this summer has done its worst and there are now three near bald patches on the lawn. I don't really care - it will recover over winter.

Dee from the BBC Message Board has very generously sent me three packets of seeds to try out; Freesia laxa, Papaver atlanticum semi-plena and a Dierama - possibly trichorhizu. All three are plants I've never grown so something new to look forward to for next year.

And, finally but importantly, I am booked to do my RHS General at Reaseheath College on day release from September. Can't tell you how much I'm going to enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker