Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fresher

The weather's fresher and so am I - a fresher as a volunteer at Dunham Massey. It was good to get out and do some hands-on gardening instead of walking round and looking. We pruned hydrangeas, mulched an astilbe bed and raked up after the lawn scarifier. We got so much more done as a team than would be possible on your own. Cold rain set in which put paid to progress on the lawn, so I went back to my 'real' job.

But I got a nice surprise when I got home - my spring delivery from Penlan Perennials has arrived - some 'insurance' Meconopsis grandis, two stipa gigantea for the gravel garden (when I finally build it) and some primulas for the bog garden (ditto). If this weekend is dry, I might finally make some progress...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker