Friday, January 14, 2005

mental state and lifespan

Apparently people with a healthy mental outlook on life live longer. I take this to mean people who see life as half full, rather than half empty, people who relax easily, laugh a lot, worry little.

On the face of it nothing gets to me, I slide through life's minor troubles with barely a ripple. Under the surface I'm also calm and pragmatic, though there's always a wish list of things I'd like to do. But when I'm asleep my dreams betray me. I'm always late, or nearly late, or something's going wrong and I can't do much about it, or I'm meant to be doing something and the goalposts are moving. Last night I dreamt I was catching a plane to Canada - but this turned out to be via Athens so I was in the wrong terminal. The fare on the ticket was wrong so I had to re-work it out myself. My kids turned up late (I didn't know they were coming with me). You get the picture.

At this rate I reckon I'll be dead at 70...

1 Comments:

At 3:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cartwheels lol
I'm doing AA308 so I'll let you know in Autumn if your daft or not. I seriously suspect so! lol

My emigrating to OZ may have subconsciously sparked your dream, who knows. Do dreams have hindsight?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker