Sunday, June 19, 2005

Rain stopped play

Well as you can see from the graph below we had a huge thunderstorm at 3pm today. I planted up a pretty pittosporum for the neighbours (C&R) this morning, removing an old berberis to make space. Hot work, even for a tough old camel like me - over 29C in the shade. I knew from the crackling on the radio that there was a storm around, but it has been much bigger than I expected. It's still coming and going in fresh waves of black cloud, lightning and heavy showers. Some of the local roads are flooded.

Can't complain for my part, but am a bit worried about Daughter No2 who is in Milton Keynes at an open air Green Day concert. She will either roast or drown, there is no in between today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker