Monday, October 17, 2005

Fritillaria Crown Imperial trial..

As a parallel to the GW Tulip Trial, a few intrepid souls on the GW Message Board have embarked upon a Crown Imperial trial. Not quite as co-ordinated an effort, but so far we have:

Toadspawn: 'I have already sown a pot of yellow and a pot of red Crown Imperials. Didn't record the date unfortunately but it was approx 17th September. The pots are in the coldframe and we shall see what happens.'

V.B.: 'Yesterday I planted up 6 (3 yellow/3 red) in individual pots with a mix of spent John Innes No 3 and vermiculite. I also planted two in the ground last weekend in free draining soil'

Obelixx: 'I bought some red crown imperials at the market a few weeks ago and have planted them in a pot'

Trillium: 'I planted 5 crown imperials yesterday - on their side in sandy soil'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker