Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Year, a new start

2006 got off to a promising start. We brought in the New Year with friends and fine champagne. Daylight delivered a blue sky, bright winter sunshine and no hangover. While DB cooked a warming veg stew I pootled about outside, making progress on some jobs, but mostly looking and thinking. At how good the soil is now, how much promise the buds hold, how I'm really not going to let brambles shred my ankles this year, how I am going to put my tools away each day, how good it is that so many of the cuttings I took last year have taken and how wonderfully creative that feels. And how it's four o'clock and it's definitely lighter than it was a week ago.

The two pictures below are the hamamellis. Just a shame I can't post scent onto a weblog; the stems smell fabulous. Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker