Sunday, February 19, 2006

A hotch-potch of odd jobs

One thing always leads to another in the garden. I tidied up a border area yesterday which led to some bits that might take as cuttings from the anthemis and lithospermum. So once I had some cutting compost mixed, I figured I'd have a go with leafbud cuttings from the pink camelia. Once in the polytunnel I realised that the pelargoniums looked dead and tipped them out. But some had live roots, if dead tops, so I've taken some root cuttings. None of this is the ideal time, but might as well anyway.

All of that meant getting the electric propagator out which meant mixing up some fungicide and cleaning pots, which was when I really saw how bad the shed was. But I've not started on that.

Anyway, only spent an hour or so outside - too cold and fixing our bathroom light was a higher priority. H2 has my cold and is asleep. Had a quick look at the allotments but decided against one for now. Too much else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker