Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More dreaming....

I read today about someone who buys all their plants from individual growers at farmers markets. One day maybe that might be me, a hopeful (but probably chilly) stallholder with my little collection of meconopsis and hardy perennials plus a few hardy shrubs clutching a mug of tea and desperately hoping the awning won't blow away in the stiff March wind. Perhaps.

Anyway, don't tell hubby, but I ordered 3 Eremurus robustus today. I saw them last year at Tatton Show and was blown away - except that they'd all sold out. They're out of breeders rights so maybe I'll be able to add their offspring to my imaginary stall some day.

I took a picture of this white Camellia, which is pretty, but disappointing because the outer leaves start to brown before it's fully open, so the whole plant has a slightly down at heel look to it. That'll teach me to buy a plant that is simply labelled 'Camellia - White'.














And this picture looks like a cluster of dead leaves - why take a photo of that you may reasonably ask? Because it's a Trillium luteum which I thought had died and clearly has not. I also planted a couple of Trillium Grandiflorum, but there's no sign of them at all yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker