Wednesday, March 30, 2005

New arrivals

My new herbaceous border arrived in a box from Penlan Perennials this morning - easy to order on-line and all arrived safe and sprouting. Felt like a kid on Christmas morning. 3 x Meconopsis Lingholm (Grandis), 3 x Trillium Grandiflorum, 3 x pulmonaria 'David Ward', 3 x Geranium 'Ann Folkard' and some other bits. The best news is that it's been raining all day - exactly what they all need.

Less encouragingly, I read on a website yesterday that 'growing Meconopsis Grandis is the crowning achievement in any gardener's career'. I guess this means I can't just plonk it in the ground and hope, as I usually do. But I have got the right soil and location. It just needs the right gardener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker