Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Exam day..

Took my RHS Level 2, PArt I this morning. Went reasonably well I think. A lot to remember and present in 1.5 hours. Like most exams, part knowledge, part memory, part the ability to express yourself under pressure. Doesn't necessarily prove you're good at gardening!

Anyway, with a free half day I had a couple of chilly but useful hours in the garden. Usual hotpotch:
- cleared one of the greenhouse borders, weeded and watered it
- tidied up the strawberry bed
- weeded half of the birch border
- dug up the acanthus from behind the raspberries (but I know it will come back)
- on the spur of the moment, got rid of the winter jasmine in the same spot. It just looks messy for most of the year and I'd like to plant a climbing rose instead.

And there's a tentative plan for a GW MBers day out at Dunham Massey in May, complete with plant swap in the car park. Sounds like a great idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker