Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The whole list in flower as at 25/4/06

It's not till I typed this list out that I realised how many I don't have the proper names for. With apologies in advance to those who dislike the use of synonyms...

Front garden:
Corsican hellebore
Knautia macedonia
Purple and purple/white striped tulips
Centranthus rubra (Valerian) (only just out)
an unknown purplish aubretia

Side area:
Forsythia
Flowering currant (Ribes something or other)
Blackthorn
Magnolia
a white quince
Daphne
Amelanchier lamarkii
Pulmonaria 'Victorian Brooch'
Primroses
various Narcissi

Back garden:
A white camellia
Symphytum 'Hidcote Pink' (Comfrey)
Viburnum tinus
a dark pink Azalea
Erythroniums
A pink Camellia
Anemone blanda (blue and white)
Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst white'
Pulmonaria 'David Ward'
Fothergilla major
cream tulips
Viburnum burkwoodii
forget-me-nots
Dicentra spectabile
Lithospermum diffusum
Crown imperial fritillaries
Snakeshead fritillaries
A pink and a white heather

2 Comments:

At 5:54 am, Blogger The Marpepps! said...

You are my hero! I really hope to one day have such an amazing and diverse garden...

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger Sue Beesley said...

That's very sweet of you, Lyco, but I only put the best bits on here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker