Sunday, April 23, 2006

A 'not gardening' day in the garden

A chap I met last night asserted that gardening is 'boring and repetitive'. I asked him what he meant and he mentioned mowing, edging, weeding the patio. Well I agree to some extent - because those tasks aren't gardening, but simply outdoor housework. However, occasionally they need doing and with visitors coming round last night that's what I did. The drive, patio, lawn and borders are rather startlingly tidy now, but it did look nice when I stepped out of the back door this morning.

The cream tulips below are in the spring border under the birch tree. I thought they would be white, but I'm glad they're not. I'm going off white in the garden - it's too stark. This border is at its best in April and May before the tree fully opens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker