Monday, November 27, 2006

Outed...

Yes, to those of you who've been asking by email, I am a finalist in the 2006 BBC Gardener of the Year competition. No I can't discuss the result. In the December BBC GW mag, I'm the one in the shocking-pink T-shirt, aggressively pointing at the fence, while my assistant (Hazel) hides behind the bird feeder. I think I'm looking forward to the programme, but it all seems a long time since it was filmed and I am a little uncertain about what I actually said and did. I do remember that it was very stressful!

Here in the real world the garden is slowly slipping towards winter. Though temperatures are still well above 10C most days, many of the plants measure day length and they know what's coming. With 7" of rain in November, sunshine has been at a premium, but the sun came out for a few valuable minutes yesterday.

Miscanthus sinensis 'Zebrinus'

Next door's climbing rose, still flowering close to December


Euphorbia 'Silver Swan' looking very pretty and 'winter-proof'

4 Comments:

At 7:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations - whatever the result was. Do let us know when you can, as those of us outside the UK won't be able to see the programme. But I'll see if I can get hold of the magazine - it's occasionally to be found even here. I suppose it's too late to cross fingers for you ...

 
At 12:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you and good luck! I'll check GW mag this evening.

 
At 3:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw you in the mag. Pink is your colour even on the blog!

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger Sue Beesley said...

Hi John,

I can honestly say that I wore pink for the first time in probably 20 years on the programme. If you're into colours, I'm an 'autumn' - browns, greens and orange. However the pink looked much better on my assistant - the eldest Trillia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker