Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ready to move on

On a cold, wet day in November it's hard to remember quite why I want an outdoor life. But wrapped up properly and encased in waterproofs even a squally day has its moments. I was at Dunham Massey today, gathering leaves in the now quiet garden, closed to the public for the winter. And for a while the sun came out, the raindrops on the few remaining beech leaves shimmered in the weak light and the sweet, musky perfume from the fallen walnut leaves hung around our little gang of three beddraggled volunteers. I was happy to be there, in the rain, raking.

It's just as well, since we might, just might, have bought a house with a thriving plant nursery attached. If it comes off, the weekend gardener will become a full time horticulturalist.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it comes off ...

 
At 8:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaw Trillum, That would be great!

I hope your wish comes true.


Anneliesje

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker