Saturday, October 14, 2006

October show-offs

It may be mid October but we're still getting daytime temperatures in the high teens and overnight lows close to 10C. The autumn performers are having a fine time, making the most of the late warmth and sunshine. I think today I'll say little and let the pictures do the talking.

The purple petals of Fuchsia 'Mrs Popple' match the purple salvia flowers almost exactly.
Bishop of Llandaf in its element.
Chaucer is still producing the occasional bloom
Leycesteria formosa gets a poor press for being a bit common, but I like it (takes one to know one)
I love the delicate veined flower of Geranium sanguin- eum var. striatum
I know this is a Spirea, but I don't know which one. It's a dull plant except for its superb autumn colour.
Apparently, the number of spirals in a sunflower seedhead is a Fibonacci sequence number...

1 Comments:

At 10:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trillium

Was wondering how I could ask on the quiet, but too tired/aching/thick to think of asking on here!!!

I'm so impressed that you're going to do this... good on you!

Go on then, where is it - Brownie's honour I won't tell (apart from Plocket, perhaps...)

Margi x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker