Saturday, June 17, 2006

The bigger picture

The reason I usually put close-up pictures of flowers on this blog instead of wider shots of the whole garden is that there is almost never a time when any major part of the garden is sufficiently tidy and photogenic.

I've decided to put that right, so I've made a concerted effort lately to complete whole areas, even sweeping up and edging, which I rarely bother with.

Perhaps this was also inspired by watching the Gardener's World Live programme today with all those perfect gardens. And I'm very chuffed to tell you that Reaseheath College's garden won the only gold medal for the outside show gardens and best in show in that category too. I'm going down on Monday to help with breakdown and will hopefully be helping to re-build it at Tatton.


The fence has only been in a year so the sweetpeas help cover the bare areas.
The polytunnel doesn't enhance the view, but I'm used to ignoring it.
The view through from the old french windows from the office.
The veg plot. I've tried to make it much more visually pleasing this year

1 Comments:

At 9:15 pm, Blogger The Marpepps! said...

gorgeous trill!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker