Sunday, May 07, 2006

Trillium's first Trillium

My Trillium grandiflorum chose a cool wet afternoon to open for the first time. I'm chuffed as I thought I'd lost it.


The rain that was forecast for yesterday finally arrived today. Still no matter. I had two important jobs to do today - both indoors.
1. Clear my desk for my replacement at work who starts tomorrow. A new life beckons.
2. Take a load of softwood cuttings. I filled the heated propagator and more besides. Just as work expands to fill the time available so plant growing expands to fill a gardener's available space.

It may not be the optimum propagation time or method for some of these plants, but if there's juvenile material, I'll have a go with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker