Saturday, June 10, 2006

\New heat record at 30.2C

The thermometer has just cleared 30C - the highest since I set up the weather station in December 2004. Even I have retreated indoors, leaving my plants to survive as best they can. Fortunately most of those in pots are in the shade tunnel, but those still outside are suffering. The polytunnel has reached 38C and that's with both ends open and a stiff breeze blowing to keep the air moving.

The one saving grace is that we have plenty of water up here, so no problems with using the hose, it just takes a long time.

All this warm weather has brought the summer flowering plants on quickly. My sweet peas and roses have all started and Cephalaria gigantea is also out - one of my favourites. The new primula vialli are also flowering - I'm really pleased with these - they've done well so far in the new damp area near the pond.

Primula vialli, looking every bit as attractive as was promised.
A lovely David Austin that I've forgotten the name of.
The Times, which will flower until October. The flowers look a bit small, I think it needs feeding.
Cephalaria gigantea. Tall, airy and lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker