Tuesday, May 16, 2006

So much for going part-time...

Since Monday 8th when my replacement started I've had precisely 2 hours in the garden. The lawn is 4" high and covered in dandelions. The beans are rooting themselves into the polytunnel floor and the weeds are winning.

It's just been one of those spells with more going on at work than anyone could have expected. And we had a wonderful couple of nights away in the Lake District at the weekend too so I'm not complaining. It should only have been one night, but a slight altercation with a sharp stone left us with one flat tyre and one damaged one, which meant staying over till Monday. And a lightning strike on a customer's telephony system required all hands on deck today while we worked on a solution.

However, I did get the runner beans planted out tonight - almost in the dark by the time I finished. I shall take some photos tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Anyway, on the drive back from Penrith in relentless rain I heard that Surrey is now under a drought order. Seemed a bit ironic at the time since it had been raining non-stop here for 24 hours. I don't plan ever to move back to the south east.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker