Monday, June 05, 2006

In need of photographic inspiration

I've realised that it is images that inspire me to blog. If I don't have a good picture, I don't feel the impulse to write. And something happens in early June - the late spring show ends, but summer roses and mid summer perennials have yet to happen, and the garden gets a dull look about it. So I've not felt much inclined to pick up the camera in the last week or so.

But I made a real effort today to find nice things to take photos of and here they are. I'm particularly pleased with the centaura - I'm sure it was blue last year? Strange. And I've finally captured the peony looking the crimson it really is, rather than a sort of washed out pink.

An unknown Centaura glowing in the low evening light. I plan to grow more of these over- looked plants.
Peony lactiflora - common as muck and short lived, but still lovely
Astrantia 'Ruby Glow'. This border is turning into a mostly dark pink area with the peonies and the purple cotinus nearby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker