Sunday, May 07, 2006

My weather station is better than the BBC

The BBC's forecast was for heavy rain for Saturday. My weather station predicted cloud. It was right and they were wrong. However, thanks the Beeb's erroneous prediction, I got into the garden early, expecting to be rained off and had an almost wall to wall day outside.

DB cleaned up the barbecue and cooked our first outdoor meal of the year, with salad leaves and basil from the garden.

A few new pictures:
Clematis 'Early Sensation' Its first buds were burned off by frost, so it's not that early, but I love the colour and the foliage is pretty.

In anticipation of a fig-fest later in the year.

OK, so I do like orange and purple together. But I am desperately hoping that the orange tulips drop before the magenta peony behind it flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker