Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Almost summer

Today the temperature reached 22C - by far the warmest day of the year so far (I forgot to open the polytunnel properly and that reached a scary 36C). My replacement at work popped in for a pre-joining briefing, and as predicted by me several weeks ago, the weather improved precisely on cue with his arrival. Uncanny. So although today's glorious weather largely passed me by, in a couple of weeks I'll be out there somewhere, with luck.

We got our results today at college - I got a pass with commendation for part one of the RHS Level 2. Just the other half to go now in June. We studied plant nutrition this afternoon. All I can say is it's amazing that anything I've planted has ever grown. At least I know what's wrong with the lemon tree - it's iron deficiency. (it's got interveinal chlorois, if you're curious)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker