Thursday, September 14, 2006

The effect of summer neglect.

I've been busy with work and away a lot lately. The grass is three inches high (but green at last) and several taller plants have toppled for lack of support. But if you don't look too closely, the overall effect in the garden is one of lushness. I love this garden in September. Several plants have begun to pick up their autumn tints and with the sedums, fuchsias, and crocosmias in flower the borders are suffused with a warm glow of colour. But I'm not taking any border pictures until I've tidied up a bit - below are a couple of casualties in the veg plot.

The runner bean canes were upright before I went away...

...and so were these outdoor tomatoes. I've decided to leave them alone and just rescue the plants from underneath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker