Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Autumn colour

I planted this border 10 years ago and it still works a treat each spring and autumn, delivering a rich band of colour around this corner of the garden well into November.

It's a mixture of Spirea 'Limelight', Sedum spectabile, Fuchsia Mrs Popple, Potentilla 'Elizabeth and Rosa 'The Times'. I add a few annual fillers each year, but otherwise they are all easy, trouble-free and hardy. I shall definitely repeat this when we move.

Did I say we were moving? The house will go on the market later this week. Moving the plants will take longer than moving the interior of the house I think. The teetering pile of pots in the shed will finally have a purpose in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker