Tuesday, December 19, 2006

After the rain, icy fog.

Heavy rain has given way to freezing fog. I've finally managed to get some gardening done, but the light is hopeless for photography so there are no new pictures. I've given next door's wisteria its winter prune and spent a few hours digging thick threads of bindweed root out of the in-laws garden. It's a hopeless task really as the empty property they back onto is thick with it, but at least I felt I'd made some progress on the long backlog of jobs I've promised to do.

Our plans to buy the nursery are progressing fine, but it will probably be mid-Jan before I get in. GOTY is looming - there are video clips on the BBC gardening website now. It's great to see the other competitors' gardens for the first time - and I'm just going to have to get used to seeing myself on film.

I said I'd save some of the Oz pictures for the winter picture 'drought' so here's one to warm things up a bit. I loved the mangroves. It was just such a surreal experience to see mature trees growing straight out of the beach. These are under 3ft of water when the tide is in. (Martin - this one's for you - enjoy your trip to Oz!)

1 Comments:

At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just watched the clips. Don't worry - you come over great on video. You should see me ...

I love your garden and am green with envy. I don't know how many finalists there are and what the others will be like, but of those shown you get my vote ...

When will the results be announced? I wish I could see the programme ...

Have a happy Christmas.
Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker