Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Distractions galore

It seems ages since my last post here, but I do have a good excuse. I've been at the new nursery 2 or 3 days a week transforming weed-riddled, pot-bound plants like these:














to clean, repotted ones like these:





















I've worked my way through about 1,500 pots so far. It's proved to be a superb way of finding out what stock I've got, what condition it's in and also what I need to propagate. It now looks like we'll be completing within a couple of weeks so then I'll really be able to get stuck in.

Added to that I have my RHS exam in 5 days and we are probably moving the week after. Plus I've found a superb mobile mechanic to get the Merc back together (see other blog for the sorry tale) and I'm in Birmingham at a seminar for RHS Tatton exhibitors tomorrow. So I'm a bit busy. But the garden at home still looks quite good with hellebores, snowdrops, jasmine, irises, pulmonarias, witch hazel, sarcococca and winter cherry providing plenty of cheer, despite my neglect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker