Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas cheer

It's Boxing Day night and Christmas has been lovely. DB had pheasant while the girls and I had home-made wild mushroom escalopes with all the trimmings. I am now the proud owner of a pair of proper professional Felco No.7 secateurs and a beautiful book by Anna Pavord on the history of plant naming. With luck the secateurs will get their first outing tomorrow, weather permitting. From the girls I got a photo frame and a 2007 calendar printed using photos I've taken in the garden (they've been trawling my PC when I wasn't looking). The cover picture is the Echinacea 'Art's Pride' shot that I use as my signature photo at the top of this blog. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the photos look in print, if I say so myself!

We had a walk out today but it was far too overcast and dark to take photos. With luck there'll be some sunshine before Saturday to take some final shots in 2006.

A very happy Christmas and New Year to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Diary of a Weekend Gardener

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker